Uncertainty of life


Once Yudhistir Maharaj answered the question asked by Yakshya ‘What is the most amazing fact in the world?’ He answered that every living entities who are embodied are sure to die one day but they never thinks (realize) that he will die one day. It means that every person behaves as if he is going to survive forever in that body. Actually this is no less than the mystery.  In one hand our life is too short and in other hand we behave as if we are never going to die.
Some days back there took a big bus accident near my place. Many people died. It was really the most painful event of the day. It was hard for us to believe so but that was the bitter truth which could not be denied by anyone and could not be reverted back. I was mentally asleep that night. Although I was trying hard to sleep but I couldn’t. The same fact was rounding the globe of my thought more and more.  Every time I close my eyes to sleep  the scene of the accident occupied my close eyes and raised the question. Meanwhile my heart realized that even I can die at any moment. Although I think myself as immortal in this body but my body can meet at destruction at any time. There may take some big earthquake and I may die after little time. This realization deepens the horizon of my thought and feelings. What I realized is that those persons who died in that mishap had never thought that they will die after one minute just before accident. Suddenly accident took place and they died.  Similarly, other persons who died in evening had never thought that they are going to die in the morning. In the same way every one of us think that we will not die but bitter death may love us just after a minute or hour or day.
We have got our own respective body. In scriptural viewpoint our soul has been dwelling in our body now. Our body may encounter unexpected accident at any time in the future. We may be the victim of severe heart attack in a minute. Similarly we can be shot dead at any time. Not only this we may be the victim of traffic accidents or we may die of some calamities such as earthquake in a minute. After the few second we may stop breathing forever. Our life is so much uncertain.Scripture rightly call this world as the house of miseries  and nothing is permanent here. Thus , we, who feel too much proud of this uncertain body are actually the fool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Short Biography of Srila Prabhupada